Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Type of Position||Administrative Faculty|
|Other Position Information||
Administrative Contract (12-month), Non-Tenure Track, Benefits Eligible
|Administrative Positions: Salary Range
Please select Not Applicable if this is an academic position.
|Minimum Qualifications and Experience||
1. Bachelor’s degree and three years of related professional experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (i.e., AA+ 4yrs related professional experience). A minimum of an Associate’s degree is required.
2. PHP, SQL programming and database skills.
3. Experience with design and management of Relational Database Management Systems. (RDBMS)
4. Experience with object oriented design.
1. Experience with web services – REST or SOAP.
2. Experience with version control using systems such Git or VCS.
3. Experience with Test Driven Development.
4. Familiarity with dependency management via Composer, Bower, and/or NPM.
5. Experience with backend PHP frameworks like Laravel, Phalcon, or Symfony.
6. Experience with front-end frameworks like Angular or Bootstrap.
7. Knowledge of Apache web server.
8. Active Directory experience.
9. Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions experience.
10. Fluency in Spanish is a strength.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of various programming and scripting languages.
• Knowledge of various business related software systems.
• Ability to learn new technologies with ease.
• Ability to analyze, comprehend, and communicate complex data.
• Ability to easily and thoroughly understand existing business procedures.
• Ability to analyze, illustrate, and implement any possible enhancements in productivity and efficiency to business procedures
• Ability to maintain professional and effective working relationships
• Ability to document system details and procedures
The majority of work performed will be back-end programming, front-end UI experience is a plus.
|Duties and Responsibilities||
The programmer/analyst position is responsible for the development, implementation, and support of major applications, systems, and analyzing business procedures. Requires support of projects driven by Computing Services and other departments at the institution.
Decision-making and Judgments:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Please list any special instructions to applicants
(i.e., submit art portfolio with slides)
Applicants must attach a cover letter, resume/CV, and transcripts in order for their application to be complete. Applicants who have submitted the required materials by the date the committee begins reviewing application will be considered.
Newly hired faculty must assure that their official transcript is sent by the degree granting institution(s) to Western Nevada College, Human Resources Office within 30 calendar days from the effective date of employment. Academic degrees must have been awarded by regionally accredited institutions.
Employment is contingent on the completion of appropriate background verification, which may include criminal history, credit history, sex and violent offender registry, education verification licensure and employment history to be administered by the Western Nevada College Human Resources office.
WNC does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; national origin; sex; disability; age; gender, including a pregnancy-related condition; gender identity or expression; sexual-orientation; protected veterans’ status; genetics; or religion in its programs and activities and provides equal access to facilities to all. Similarly, there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons who file charges of discrimination, participate in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our policy to comply fully with the non-discrimination provision of all state and federal regulations in all programs and activities, including, but not limited to recruitment, admission, financial aid, activities, hiring, promotions, training, termina¬tions, benefits and compensation. Inquiries concerning the application of non-discrimination policies and/or questions as to how to file a complaint of discrimination may be referred to the following individuals: Title IX Coordinator: (775) 445-4231; OR Dean of Student Services: (775) 445-3271; OR Assistant Director of Human Resources: (775) 445-4231; Western Nevada College, 2201 West College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89703. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481. (Rev. 09/16)
|Other Pay Basis|
FOR HUMAN RESOURCES USE
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Date Position Available|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document