Director, Child Development Center
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Title||Director, Child Development Center|
|Type of Position||Administrative Faculty|
|Other Position Information||
The major functions of this position are to maintain the daily operations of the WNC Child Development Center in the areas of personnel, operations including budget creation and maintenance, program maintenance, curriculum development; licensing, QRIS and accreditation processes and regulations. All of these areas require cooperation and coordination with various college and community entities such as the business office, public safety, controller’s office, NV child care licensing, NAEYC accreditation, QRIS coaches and assessors, industry advisory boards, parents and other various community members. Additionally, as a lab school it is appropriate that the director interact with the ECE instructors, nursing instructors and respective students.
|Administrative Positions: Salary Range
Please select Not Applicable if this is an academic position.
|Department||Child Developmnt Center|
|Minimum Qualifications and Experience||
1. Bachelor’s degree and four years of related professional experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (i.e., AA+5 years related professional experience). A minimum of an Associate’s degree is required.
2. A working knowledge of NAEYC accreditation processes and procedures
3. A working knowledge of QRIS (including ITERS and ECERS: infant toddler environmental rating scale and early childhood environmental rating scale)
4. A working knowledge of assessment and curriculum process
5. A working knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices and best practices for children
6. The ability to budget and maintain an operating budget of a self-supporting entity.
7. Must be at least 21 years of age.
8. Fluency in Spanish is a strength.
|Duties and Responsibilities||
The major functions of this position are:
1. Prepare and manage a budget of approximately $750,000 for the Child Development Center in cooperation with the finance office in areas such as:
2. Direct daily operations of the Child Development Center including:
3. Monitor and maintain licensing requirements for center.
4. Maintain the National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) regulations and requirements for continued accreditation.
5. Maintain and facilitate Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) procedures and practices.
6. Work with the foundation to coordinate all fund raising activities for the center.
7. Coordinate and facilitate Parent Action Board meetings and activities.
8. Represent the CDC at college and other meetings.
9. Work directly with the early childhood education programs in the development and implementation of child care “best practices” and coordination of ECE practicum students.
10. Serve on faculty, college and/or industry advisory boards.
11. Work adjustment and adaptability, cooperativeness and teamwork.
12. Interfacing with Facilities for maintenance and upgrade for building and grounds.
13. Provide outstanding customer service to the college and the community.
14. Participate in program assessment and program review. Serve on college and NSHE committees.
15. Other Duties as assigned.
|Please list any special instructions to applicants
(i.e., submit art portfolio with slides)
Applicants must attach a cover letter, resume/CV, and transcripts in order for their application to be complete. Applicants who have submitted the required materials by the date the committee begins reviewing application will be considered.
Newly hired faculty must assure that their official transcript is sent by the degree granting institution(s) to Western Nevada College, Human Resources Office within 30 calendar days from the effective date of employment. Academic degrees must have been awarded by regionally accredited institutions.
Employment is contingent on the completion of appropriate background verification, which may include criminal history, credit history, sex and violent offender registry, education verification licensure and employment history to be administered by the Western Nevada College Human Resources office.
.WNC does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; national origin; sex; disability; age; gender, including a pregnancy-related condition; gender identity or expression; sexual-orientation; protected veterans’ status; genetics; or religion in its programs and activities and provides equal access to facilities to all. Similarly, there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons who file charges of discrimination, participate in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our policy to comply fully with the non-discrimination provision of all state and federal regulations in all programs and activities, including, but not limited to recruitment, admission, financial aid, activities, hiring, promotions, training, termina¬tions, benefits and compensation. Inquiries concerning the application of non-discrimination policies and/or questions as to how to file a complaint of discrimination may be referred to the following individuals: Title IX Coordinator: (775) 445-4231; OR Dean of Student Services: (775) 445-3271; OR Assistant Director of Human Resources: (775) 445-4231; Western Nevada College, 2201 West College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89703. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481. (Rev. 09/16)
|Salary||Minimum starting salary $72,864.00|
|Other Pay Basis|
FOR HUMAN RESOURCES USE
|Job Close Date||04/07/2017|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Date Position Available|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document